I am a retired Air Force pilot. While in the Air Force I flew the KC-135R, C-9A and E-8C aircraft. I was always heavily involved with the technology advances in the offices where I worked. I was also a Computer Security Officer.
Along with my high level security clearance, these experience exposed me heavily to government regulations – how to read them, how to interpret them and how to enact them.
Soon, the specter of HIPAA compliance began to rise above the horizon.
In order to ensure our clients were ready, we dove into the HIPAA regulations and learned them forward and backward.
During this process we realized there were no good solutions that existed to help private practice physicians comply with the HIPAA regulations. From this realization we began to build our own solutions.
From our ever-expanding HIPAA Policy Library to Breach Reaction Plans to online HIPAA training to Disaster Plans, we have everything needed to get HIPAA compliant ASAP.
Additionally, I speak, both in person and via webinar on a regular basis. These are generally 1 to 1 ½ hours long. Among others, here are some of the topics I cover:
- Meaningful Use/MIPA and HIPAA – what is really expected
- HIPAA and Ransomware: Protect Against Attacks and Violation Penalties
- HIPAA Compliance: Avoid Text/Email Danger Zones
- HIPAA Breach Reaction Plan: What You Need to do Now
- Social Media HIPAA Policy: Head Off Potential Violations