HIPAA Compliance is Confusing and Laborious…
IF You Don’t Know What Your are Doing.
We Know What We are Doing…
and Created a System to Simplify Everything.
Security Risk Assessments and Private Practice Physicians
Yet, as a private practice physician, you have a practice to run and patients to see. HIPAA compliance adds yet another thing for you to deal with.
Still, it is your responsibility to comply.
Experts in HIPAA Risk Assessments
Med Tech USA is highly experienced in addressing the details needed to help your organization comply with current HIPAA regulations. We help private practices set up systems that will benefit you for years to come. The following will help you to further understand your organization’s responsibility and the scope of services that we provide when engaged to complete a HIPAA risk assessment.
HIPAA, HITECH, and Meaningful Use
- The original requirement in the HIPAA Privacy Rule, and
- For healthcare organizations applying Meaningful Use incentives, the requirement to complete a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment as part of certifying the organization’s use of certified EHR technology.
Proper completion of your HIPAA risk assessment must include both Privacy and Security Rules
Sample areas included in our HIPAA privacy rule assessment include:
- Privacy & Confidentiality
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Marketing/Fundraising/Sale of PHI
- Minimum necessary Rule
- Employee Training
- Access to PHI
- Business Associate contracting activities and BA Agreements in use and much more…
Sample areas included in our HIPAA security rule assessment include:
- Security Management
- Worker Sanctions
- Security Responsibilities
- Workforce Clearance/Termination Procedures
- Authorization and Supervision of Access to ePHI
- Isolation Health Clearinghouse Functions
- Log-in Monitoring
- Password Management
- Security Incidents
- Protection from Mal-ware
- Security Awareness Training/security Reminders
- Risk Analysis/Vulnerability Assessment
- Contingency Planning